[Users] Adding Iscsi storage to Ovirt All-in-one config

Rick Beldin rick.beldin at hp.com
Sat Jan 12 16:01:24 UTC 2013

I set up an ovirt 3.1 all-in-one config with Fedora and added one node.
Created virtual machines and so forth.  All seems to work well.

I then decided to add iscsi and can verify that both the ovirt node and
the all-in-one node can 'see' the storage even though it is uninitialized
and does not have a partition table:

# parted /dev/mapper/1IET_00010001 p
Error: /dev/mapper/1IET_00010001: unrecognised disk label
Model: Linux device-mapper (multipath) (dm)
Disk /dev/mapper/1IET_00010001: 52.4GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: unknown
Disk Flags:

>From the OS on both the all-in-one host and the node, I can do 'normal'
iscsi things and storage things without error.

I created a new iscsi domain off the Default datacenter and it comes
up although it says it is unattached.    If I attempt to attach it
I get:

There are No Data Centers to which the Storage Domain can be attached.

I'm confused.  What am I missing out of my config to get iscsi added after
the fact?   Or is this something you can only do at installation time?

It seems like this is one of those many things that need to be done in a
certain order to get it to work.

Thanks,

Rick