[Users] centos issues..

peter houseman peterhouseman100 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:01:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am currently trying to get ovirt engine and nodes up and running on
Centos 6u3.  Unfortunately my lab does not have direct internet access so
the ovirt repo has been copied over from the
people.centos.org/hughesjr/ovirt31 repo as recommended by ovirt howto on
the Centos Wiki.
Everything installs fine with no dependency errors but as soon as I create
storage domains in the engine, warning messages appear in the vdsm.logs on
the hosts for the ISO and Data domains:
(retyped below)

"Warning... 390::3d::363::
Storage.StorageDomain::(_registerResourceNamespaces) Resource namespace
72xxxxxx_volumeNS already registered"

plus similar warning message as above but ...."imageNS already registered"

plus
"Warning Storage.LVM::(reloadvgs) lvm vgs failed:5 Volume group "5bxxxx"
not found"

I have tried rebuilding the whole system and using NFS, ISCSI and Gluster
data domains but I still have the same warning messages.

Also, and I'm not sure if its associated, I have noticed info messages on
the ovirt engine log that:

"Autorecovering Storage domains is disabled, skipping"

Even though I am getting storage warning messages, the VMs are up and I can
log into them and run applications.

Any help appreciated.

Pete