[Users] Fwd: Successfully virt-v2v from CentOS 6.3 VM to Ovirt 3.2 nightly

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:35:26 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Matthew Booth wrote:

> > Import process has begun for VM(s): c56cr.
> > You can check import status in the 'Events' tab of the specific
> > destination storage domain, or in the main 'Events' tab
> >
> > ---> regarding the import status, the "specific destination storage
> > domain" would be my DATA domain, correct?
> > Because I see nothing in it and nothing in export domain.
> > Instead I correctly see in main events tab of the cluster these two
> messages
> >
> > 2013-Jan-09, 16:16 Starting to import Vm c56cr to Data Center Poli,
> > Cluster Poli1
> > 2013-Jan-09, 16:18 Vm c56cr was imported successfully to Data Center
> > Poli, Cluster Poli1
> >
> > SO probably the first option should go away....?
>
> I'm afraid I didn't follow this. Which option?

It says that you can see in two places to check the status of import phase:

a) in the 'Events' tab of the specific destination storage domain
b) in the main 'Events' tab

and a) is not true
At least, I don't see anything there, nor during import not after it
completes.

So you have to remove text a) in the messge or make changes to the code so
that also a) is true.

As I wrote in the first message, this happens using ovirt-nightly repo for
fedora 18 at level
3.2.0-1.20130107.git1a60fea

Gianluca