[Users] oVirt node install hanging on admin login prompt

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon Jan 14 14:08:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to install oVirt node 2.5.5-0.1.fc17 and it is node going
well. I'm trying to install it on a Dell blade M610 via a iDrac, and I'm
quit accustomed to this kind of thing.

- As I already had the issue of the label on the grub boot line, I knew
how to specify /dev/sr0 or sr1 on the linux line. Well.
- The install is ok with discovering my hard drive, and the installation
seems to be fine. After rebooting, the bott process is leading me to the
login prompt where the documentation tells me to log as 'admin' with the
correct password :

The keyboard is not responding, I can not even type the user name.
I can't change of console, no network activity is seen.
There does not seem to be a kernel panic, as some additional log lines
are displayed (about the creation of bond interfaces).

I also see some more lines about "systemd-readahead-collect : failed to
open pack file: read-only file system"...

When downloading the iso install file from the oVirt repo, I choosed the
smalest one, not the "live" one. Did I did wrong?

Anyway, now, what are my options?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot