[Users] Template restore

Alex Leonhardt alex.tuxx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:34:49 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Am having some difficulties with restoring templates -

basically, currently, I'm using each new HV (hyper-visor/node) as a
separate DC, now, the first host has about 5 VM templates that I need to be
able to restore to the 2nd HV I installed today - however - after detaching
the export domain and re-attaching (finally) to the 2nd HV, I still am
unable to import the templates into the 2nd HV (remember, separate data
center) as it complains that the "system" - the overall ovirt-engine -
already contains templates with the same ID, if I manually fake a different
ID, it complains about the name, if I manually amend the name, it wont show
at all ... :\

so - how can I make the templates available to the 2nd DC to create VMs
from it (this is the end goal) ...

on top of it - i dont think that when importing templates, you should have
to make the name unique, especially since they currently seem DC dependent,
so in a different DC they should be able to have the same name; and, when
restoring Templates, the system should assign new IDs to the Templates
imported, and only use the originals as a verification step if the target
DC is the same as the src DC.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Ta!
Alex