[Users] oVirt node install hanging on admin login prompt

Jeff Bailey bailey at cs.kent.edu
Mon Jan 14 21:24:37 UTC 2013

On 1/14/2013 9:08 AM, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install oVirt node 2.5.5-0.1.fc17 and it is node going
> well. I'm trying to install it on a Dell blade M610 via a iDrac, and
> I'm quit accustomed to this kind of thing.
>
> - As I already had the issue of the label on the grub boot line, I
> knew how to specify /dev/sr0 or sr1 on the linux line. Well.
> - The install is ok with discovering my hard drive, and the
> installation seems to be fine. After rebooting, the bott process is
> leading me to the login prompt where the documentation tells me to log
> as 'admin' with the correct password :
>
> The keyboard is not responding, I can not even type the user name.

Try adding usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to the kernel command line.  I've had
problems with iDRAC 7 virtual consoles with both Fedora 17 and 18 and
this fixes it.  I don't know about iDRAC 6 but trying it couldn't hurt
:)  Getting the machine to always boot with that option could be a bit
tricky with Node.  I'm not sure if you'll just be able to edit the
grub.conf and persist it or not.