[Users] host deploy and after reboot not responsive

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:13:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Alon Bar-Lev  wrote:

> Can you just confirm that vdsm is up on host and attach
> /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log?

right now I'm out of office, but I collected the vdsm.log and it is here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvQW9lTnhtN3VJRTA/edit

what t execute to see if the vdsm is up?

systemctl status vdsm.service ?
or anything similar?

As you will see in the log, the server has access to some clustered volumes
that it skips... for example you see

storageRefresh::DEBUG::2013-01-15
06:07:15,735::misc::84::Storage.Misc.excCmd::(<lambda>) FAILED: <err> = '
 Skipping clustered volume group VG_VIRT04\n  Skipping volume group
VG_VIRT04\n  Skipping clustered volume group VG_VIRT02\n  Skipping volume
group VG_VIRT02\n  Skipping clustered volume group VG_VIRT03\n  Skipping
volume group VG_VIRT03\n  Skipping clustered volume group VG_VIRT03\n
 Skipping volume group VG_VIRT03\n  Skipping clustered volume group
VG_VIRT01\n  Skipping volume group VG_VIRT01\n  Skipping clustered volume
group VG_VIRT01\n  Skipping volume group VG_VIRT01\n'; <rc> = 5

Does this prevent it from correctly starting and so I have to prevent
access to these luns or can I blacklist them in some way in LVM or instead
the reason is another one at all?

Gianluca