[Users] VMWare vSphere resource pools access control like feature?

Jiri Belka jbelka at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 15:11:27 UTC 2013

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 09:26:22 -0500 (EST)
Ofri Masad <omasad at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Jiri,
>
> Maor is right. What you are looking for is Quota.
> See the videos explaining about Quota:
> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=plcp&list=PL2NsEhIoqsJFf2HWErznfQ-CS5fQdSRGC
>
> We'll be more then happy to help and answer questions.

Just for archives. VMWare Resource Pool-like feature:

* create new quota
* add consumer (an user) to quota
* assign the quota permissions (an user)
  - UserVmManager
  - UserRole
* assign the DB permissions (an user)
  - VmCreator

With this setup it seems the user can "inside" his quota
create new VM, new VM inherit valid quota name, and cannot
see other VMs outside of his "quota pool".

I will see more during testings.

jbelka