[Users] host deploy and after reboot not responsive

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 23:08:46 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 02:51:13PM +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
>
> > Is it repeatable that vdsm is down after boot?
>

> I will try asap and report back (I have first to solve the problem
> regarding webadmin accessibility first, see other thread ;-)
>
> question/doubt:
> If I install a host without configuring power mgmt at that point, then
> after the first reboot initiated by the engine, still I have in some way to
> select
> "confirm host has been rebooted"
> or is this not required for the initial deploy?

AFAIK confirmation is needed only when the host enters a dangerous state
(running VMs, SPM), loosing connectivity, and failing to show up
pristine to Engine after its reboot.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 03:17:32PM +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Gianluca Cecchi  wrote:
>
> > I will try asap and report back
>

> And also: in case of host up and configured without power mgmt, what is the
> workflow to reboot it, and so test what you ask
>
> Is it repeatable that vdsm is down after boot?
>
> In my case the DC is uninitialized and the host is up.
> Can I simply run "shutdown -r now" inside host os, or should I before put
> it into maintenance?
> DO I have to select at any point in time "confirm host has been rebooted"?

My question regarded a simple node-only reboot. I wonder if vdsm fails
to start ALWAYS, or that this is an even more complex glitch.