[Users] BSOD's on Server 2008 Guests

Neil nwilson123 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:18:28 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I have 3 Server 2008 guests running on my oVirt 3.1 system, if there
is an incorrect shutdown(power failure) of the entire system and
guests, or even sometimes a normal reboot of the guests, the 2008
Servers all start with blue screens and I have to reboot them multiple
times before they eventually boot into Windows as if nothing was ever
wrong. The Linux guests all behave perfectly on the system so I highly
doubt there are any hardware issues.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? I don't want to go ahead
and run all the latest updates and possibly risk bigger issues, unless
there is a good reason to.

These are the details of my system.

Centos 6.3 64bit on nodes and engine using dreyou repo.

ovirt-engine-3.1.0-3.8.el6.noarch
vdsm-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.x86_64
qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.295.el6_3.2.x86_64
libvirt-0.9.10-21.el6_3.5.x86_64

2x Dell R720 with Xeon E5-2620 CPU's Nodes running the guests.
An FC SAN for storage
HP Micro Server for the engine

Please shout if any other details will help.

Thanks.

Regards.

Neil Wilson.