[Users] windows 8 guest support

Jithin Raju rajujith at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:31:26 UTC 2013

Hi Itamar,

I tried installing windows8 enterprise 32 bit as ovirt guest but bootloader
failed to load with error 0x00005d .
host machine support vt & vt-d.
Same thing is happening while installing windows 8 in centos 6.2 host.
windows8 is not listed in guest support option in ovirt 3.1/rhel 6.3.

some google results showed that its because windows 8 is not supporting IDE.
There is no option for sata controller in any of the above virtualization
solutions.
If its happening due to some other thing could you please let me know the
how to make it work.

Thanks,
Jithin