[Users] windows 8 guest support

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 15:38:08 UTC 2013

On 01/16/2013 05:31 PM, Jithin Raju wrote:
> Hi Itamar,
>
> I tried installing windows8 enterprise 32 bit as ovirt guest but
> bootloader failed to load with error 0x00005d .
> host machine support vt & vt-d.
> Same thing is happening while installing windows 8 in centos 6.2 host.
> windows8 is not listed in guest support option in ovirt 3.1/rhel 6.3.
>
> some google results showed that its because windows 8 is not supporting IDE.
> There is no option for sata controller in any of the above
> virtualization solutions.
> If its happening due to some other thing could you please let me know
> the how to make it work.

first, please open a bug for not allowing IDE device for windows 8
(2012?) OSs (since 3.2 added them to list of OSs).
second, ronen - are there community available virtio-block drivers for
windows 8 Jithin can try to install with?
(Jithin, you would need to attach a virtual floppy (vfd) to the guest
during guest OS install to provide it with the driver).