[Users] Storage domain weirdness (or design)

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Sun Jan 20 08:59:06 UTC 2013

Hi Alex,
Please, see my comments inline.

Regards,
Maor

On 01/18/2013 11:34 AM, Alex Leonhardt wrote:
> Hmmm, but if I put the SPM host into Maint mode, then all the VMs would
> either be migrated or (in my case, all set to manual) not available
> during that time, correct ?
Yes, the other way that you can do to change your SPM host is to ssh
into your SPM host and restart your VDSM service (service vdsmd restart).
I would recommend you, first to check if there are no running tasks
there (vdsClient 0 getAllTasksStatuses), simply because restart of VDSM
will cancel them.

> Would changing the SPM priority in the host config have the desired
> effect w/o putting the host into Maint mode ? Or can I only do that when
> the host is in Maint mode ?
You can't change your SPM host while your host is up and running.