[Users] UI Plugin issue when switching main tabs

René Koch r.koch at ovido.at
Sun Jan 20 21:07:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm working on an UI plugin to integrate Nagios/Icinga into oVirt Engine and made some progress, but have an issue when switching the main tabs.

I use VirtualMachineSelectionChange to create URL with name of vm (and HostSelectionChange for hosts).
Name is used in my backend code (Perl) for fetching monitoring status.

Here's the code of VirtualMachineSelectionChange:

    VirtualMachineSelectionChange: function() {
        var vmName = arguments[0].name;
        alert(vmName);
        // Reload VM Sub Tab
        api.setTabContentUrl('vms-monitoring', conf.url + '?subtab=vms&name=' + encodeURIComponent(vmName));
    }

Everything works fine as long as I stay in Virtual Machine main tab.
When switching to e.g. Disks and back to Virtual Machines again the JavaScript code of start.html isn't processed anymore (or cached (?) as the my generated URL with last vm name will still be sent back to my Perl backend) - added alert() to test this.

oVirt Engine version: ovirt-engine-3.2.0-1.20130118.gitd102d6f.fc18.noarch

Full code of start.hml: http://pastebin.com/iEY6dA6F

Thanks a lot for your help,
René