[Users] SLOW I/O performance

Alex Leonhardt alex.tuxx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:38:38 UTC 2013

Hi All,

This is my current setup:

HV1 has :
 storage_domain_1
 is SPM master

HV2 has :
 storage_domain_2
 is normal (not master)

HV1 has storage_domain_1 mounted via 127.0.0.1 (network name, but hosts
entry sends it to loopback)

HV2 has storage_domain_2 mounted via 127.0.0.1 (network name, but hosts
entry sends it to loopback)

All VMs on HV1 have its storage set to storage_domain_1 and all VMs on HV2
have their storage set to storage_domain_2

My problem now is that after I finally created all the disks on HV2 over a
super slow mgmt network (ovirtmgmt), it's a 100 Mbit only, I'm now trying
to kickstart all the VMs I created, however, formatting the disk is taking
for ever ~ 20-30mins for 12 GB, that is roughly how long it took to create
the disks over the 100Mbit link.

The weirdness really starts with HV2, as all VMs on HV1 with disks on
storage_domain_1 have "good" I/O throughput, all VMs on HV2 are awfully
slow in reading/writing to disk.

I've tried some network settings to increase throughput, but those didnt
help / had no effect at all.

Anyone come across this issue ? Is it something to do with the ovirtmgmt
interface only being 100Mbit ?

Alex

--

| RHCE | Senior Systems Engineer | www.vcore.co | www.vsearchcloud.com |