[Users] more useful repo to use right now?

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 15:56:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 09:50 +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> I see that under
> http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/beta/rpm/Fedora/18
>
> there are populated rpms.
> Does this mean 3.2 beta has been released? Where to find announcements
> in case for future?

Not officially, though some of the builds are there currently.  It is
currently a mix of some alpha and some beta packages.  I'm working on
getting the rest of the beta packages posted (and announcing the beta)
in the next day or so (as travel permits).

> I presume if this is the case, it would be better to use them instead
> of nightly at this stage, correct?

Yes, the rpms under beta are what we'll be targeting for the 3.2 release

> If I install beta, can I then "regularly" update to final 3.2 with the
> usual "engine-update" and so on?

I'll defer that to the engine team.

> I'm going to test on Dell R310 (engine) and R815 (node) tomorrow, so
> I'm available to test what is best for the project.
> I'm going to test both on local storage and iSCSI EQL PS5000X

Terrific, thanks!

Mike