[Users] Help on an almost migrated ovirt-engine

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:03:49 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Adrian Gibanel wrote:
> I've finally come with:
>
> * Origin:
> pg_dump -U postgres engine | gzip > engine_db.gz
> * Destination:
> dropdb -U postgres engine
> createdb -U postgres -O engine engine
> zcat engine_db.gz | psql -U postgres engine

In another thread regarding all-in-one db problems I had (around
29/12/12), Doron came to tell

Backup to a file called mybackup may be created by:
- cd to /usr/share/ovirt-engine/dbscripts
- ./backup.sh -u postgres -f mybackup

..

Just in case you ever wish to use the backupfile, us this procedure:
- cd to /usr/share/ovirt-engine/dbscripts
- ./restore.sh -u postgres -f mybackup -r

and I successfully tested it on the same host.
I think it could be done the same with the second part on the new host...

Gianluca