[Users] Create ISO domain from scratch? Not attached, create!

No Reply no-reply at dc.rr.com
Wed Jan 23 00:45:52 UTC 2013

I have a functional data domain, NFS based.  So this is not an issue of where the storage domain is offline, nor is the cluster nor the datacenter.  I can create a VM, and start it if so desired.  And as Alex asked... there is no existing ISO domain, that is what I am trying to create!  I don't want to attach an existing ISO domain, I want to create an ISO domain, and the GUI will not allow that option... not even listed as an option.  As I said before in RHEV 3.0 and/or oVirt 3.0... this could be done, but in 3.1 something is blocking any attempt to select the type as ISO or even as an EXPORT domain the type drop down list shows DATA only type, nothing else.

The backing store to the data domain is just Fedora 17 based NFS, with several exports, all identical.  There is nothing unique or custom in this setup, that is why this is such a mystery.  I take it, by SPM you mean the Storage Pool Master?  The first data domain, NFS DATA based, is the functional master for the datacenter.  I am using the existing DEFAULT datacenter and DEFAULT cluster objects, I did not as yet create any additional objects of said types.  Not going to increase the complexity of the environment until I get this issue understood and resolved.