[Users] Adding additional network(s)

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 07:30:00 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hi

Hi Tom

> I am setting up another DC, that is managed by my sole management
> node, and this DC will have a requirement that the VM's will need an
> additional storage NIC. This NIC is for NFS/CIFS traffic and is
> independent of the oVirt VM's disks.
>
> I have cabled the additional physical NIC in the HV's as this network
> is non routed storage, and I where to go from here. Whats the next
> step needed to add the NIC to the DC and then i presume adding the
> NIC
> to the VM's is straight forward.

You should add another network fior this to the DC & attach it to the cluster(s) where the VMs needing it are defined.
At this point you should be able to create virtual NICs in the VMs that use this network.
Then you should set it up on the hosts that have this NIC.

If not all hosts in the cluster have this connection then you should attach the network as not required.

Regard,
Mike