[Users] best disk type for WIn XP guests

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:17:16 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have a WIn XP guest configured with one ide disk.
I would like to pass to virtio. Is it supported/usable for Win XP as a
disk type on oVirt?
What else are using other ones in case, apart IDE?
My attempt is to add a second 1Gb disk configured as virtio and then
if successful change disk type for the first disk too.
But when powering up the guest it finds new hardware for the second
disk, I point it to the directory
WXP\X86 of the iso using virtio-win-1.1.16.vfd

It finds the viostor.xxx files but at the end it fails installing the driver
(see
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvMUQ2SWxYZWhSV0E/edit
)

Any help/suggestion is welcome.