[Users] custom nfs mount options

Alexandru Vladulescu avladulescu at bfproject.ro
Thu Jan 24 12:24:18 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I remember asking the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Itamar answered
to be the same, should check the vdsm.conf file for nfs mount options.
Because I did not had the time to do test this until now, I return with
the test results.

Well Alex it seems to be right, on the 3.1 version, if you go and edit
the /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf file, on line 146, I uncommented the
nfs_mount_options parameter and changed it to :

nfs_mount_options = soft,nosharecache,noatime,rsize=8192,wsize=8192

Went in Ovirt interface, put the node from Hosts tab into Maintenance,
so that the ISO domain and Master Domain will get unmounted
automatically; restarted the vdsm service on the hypervisior server and
activate the node back from GUI. Upon mount command, there is no change
or difference between what I have added and what was configured
automatically before.

  type nfs
(rw,soft,nosharecache,timeo=10,retrans=6,vers=4,addr=x.x.x.x,clientaddr=x.x.x.x)

Might this be a bug on vdsm to be fixed ?

Alex.

Alexandru Vladulescu
System Engineer
Bright Future Project Romania