[Users] 3.1 to 3.2 migration

Alexandru Vladulescu avladulescu at bfproject.ro
Thu Jan 24 13:21:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 01/24/2013 03:13 PM, Adrian Gibanel wrote:
> As far as I know in Fedora you need to upgrade from Fedora 17 to
> Fedora 18.
> As you you're using CentOS I suppose you don't need to upgrade your
> CentOS but I'm not sure at all.

This is not the case, it goes right if installed 3.2 from scratch on a
new machine. Don't think CentOS has a problem here.
> Anyways what I've read in the mailing list about 3.1 to 3.2 update is
> the following one:
>
>   * Update packages
>   * Run: engine-upgrade command
>
> I don't know how easy it is to update packages in your case (stable to
> beta) so you might do it in your way like this:
>   * Remove 3.1 packages
>   * Install 3.2 beta packages
>   * Run: engine-upgrade command

I have removed 3.1 using yum, installed 3.2 using yum and run the
engine-setup and not upgrade command. As seen engine-upgrade, tries
first to locate a mirror through yum.

Anyone tried so far a migration from old to new ?

Alexandru Vladulescu
System Engineer
Bright Future Project Romania
Skype :   avladulescu