[Users] VM migration failed on oVirt Node Hypervisor release 2.5.5 (0.1.fc17) : empty cacert.pem

Kevin Maziere Aubry kevin.maziere at alterway.fr
Thu Jan 24 14:55:32 UTC 2013

Hi

My concern is about ovirt node oVirt Node Hypervisor release 2.5.5
(0.1.fc17), iso downloaded from ovirt.

I've installed and connect 4 nodes on a manager, and try to migrate a VM
between hypervisors.
I always fail with error :
libvirtError: operation failed: Failed to connect to remote libvirt URI
qemu+tls://172.16.6.3/system
where 172.0.0.1 is the IP of a nde.
I've check on the node and the port 16514 is open.

I also test the virsh command to have a better error message :
virsh -c tls://172.16.6.3/system
error: Unable to import client certificate /etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem

I've checked the cert file on the ovirt node and found it was empty, and
that on all nodes install from the Ovirt ISO it is empty
I also checked /config/etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem, which is also empty.

On a vdsm node install from package on fedora17, it works.
 ls -al /etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 30 18 janv. 14:30 /etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem ->
/etc/pki/vdsm/certs/cacert.pem
And the cert is good.

I've seen no bug report regarding the feature...

Kevin

--

Kevin Mazière
Responsable Infrastructure