[Users] Rest-api to fetch the hosts details ( active vm's , CPU , Physical memory etc.)

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 13:20:09 UTC 2013

On 01/30/2013 03:09 PM, Romil Gupta wrote:
> thanks for all your guidance , now I m able to fetch the details of a host using
> the below script :
>
> hosts=api.hosts.list()
> for host in hosts:
>     print "host name--> %s  id--->> %s \n"%(host.name <http://host.name> , host.id <http://host.id>)
>     clusterid=api.hosts.get(host.name <http://host.name>).cluster.id <http://cluster.id>
>     print clusterid
>
>     hostname=api.hosts.get(host.name <http://host.name>)
>     statistic=hostname.statistics.list()
>     i=0
>     while i < 14:
>         print statistic[i].name
>         print statistic[i].description
>         print statistic[i].unit
>         print statistic[i].values.value[0].datum
>         i=i+1;
>

> summary=api.get_summary()
> print summary
>
> How I can print the summary , its only return the Object??

this is summary object structure:

    <summary>
        <vms>
            <total></total>
            <active></active>
        </vms>
        <hosts>
            <total></total>
            <active></active>
        </hosts>
        <users>
            <total></total>
            <active></active>
        </users>
        <storage_domains>
            <total></total>
            <active></active>
        </storage_domains>
    </summary>

you can access properties directly, like this:
summary.hosts.active