[Users] Choosing which network to run VM migration on ovirt 3.1

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 19:17:55 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 04:29:41PM +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Dan Kenigsberg > wrote:
>

> > I would like to suggest a brand new "migration network" role in
> > http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Migration_Network to provide
> > managenet/migration network separation.
>
> Hello,
> can I ask if this limitation about migration only taking place over
> mgmt link is present also in commercial RHEVM 3.1 or not?
> Any pointer in case?
> Thanks in advance,
> Gianluca

In the true spirit of free software, Red Hat tries very hard to make all
RHEV code available in oVirt. There are very few exceptions (mostly
branding or annoying backward compatibility stuff) and the Migration
Network concept is not one of them.

If you want a feature in RHEV, the best way is to put it in oVirt first.

Dan.