[Users] Network setup with bonded vlan tagged interfaces only

Christian Sandrini christian.sandrini at me.com
Sat Jul 6 09:14:57 UTC 2013

Hi

I am very new to oVirt and stumple accross some issues. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I have only one server right now which should be the engine + the host. The host network has been setup like the following:

bond0 (Prod network bonding)

bond0.110 (Prod VLAN) with ip 10.0.10.30 (I connect to the server with that address)

bond1 (Storage bonding)

bond1.130 (Storage VLAN) with ip 10.0.30.30 (used for iscsi communication)

I have other vlans which I should use:

VLAN 100 - reserved vor oVirt Management

VLAN 120 - DMZ

VLAN 140 - LAB

Do I need to create bond0.xxx files for each of them? Or do I create the networks inside ovirt gui and vlan tag them?

How should I configure ovirtmgmt interface? It has to go through bond0 and with vlan 100.

I would very appreciate if one could explain me what the proper setup would look like for such a setup.

Thanks a lot

Chris