[Users] Network setup with bonded vlan tagged interfaces only

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Sat Jul 6 18:40:51 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

First you have to create the logical network definition under the data-center
the network name and its vlan tagging.
Next, you should assign the new networks to the cluster in which your host resides.
Note that via the UI these two steps could be done on the same 'Add network' dialogue.
Last, you need to use the setupNetwork action, selecting your host from the "Hosts" sub-tab.
Then select the 'Network Interfaces' sub-tab and click on the 'setup networks' button (the button
should exist for 3.1 cluster level and above).
In the setupNetwork dialog you should drag the network from "unassigned networks" box to the
required nic (in your case it will be bond0).
Make sure to mark 'save network configuration' checkbox to persist your changes on the host.
The vlan devices bond0.xxx will be created by VDSM.
Once the action is completed, you should be the networks on the the 'Network Interfaces' sub-tab.

> How should I configure ovirtmgmt interface? It has to go through bond0 and
> with vlan 100.

AFAIK in all-in-one this requires a manual configuration. Alex could you elaborate on this ?