[Users] which file system for shared disk?

Piotr Szubiakowski piotr.szubiakowski at nask.pl
Wed Jul 10 11:15:25 UTC 2013

Hi,
we are developing an application where would be great if multiple host
could have access to the same disk. I think that we can use features
like shared disk or direct LUN to attach the same storage to multiple
VM's. However to provide concurrent access to the resource, there should
be a cluster file system used. The most popular open source cluster file
systems are GFS2 and OCFS2. So my questions are:

1) Does anyone have share disk between VM's in oVirt? What fs did You used?
2) Is it possible to use GFS2 on VM's that are running on oVirt? Does
anyone have run fencing mechanism with ovirt/libvirt?

Many thanks,
Piotr