[Users] which file system for shared disk?

Piotr Szubiakowski piotr.szubiakowski at nask.pl
Wed Jul 10 14:33:34 UTC 2013

> On 07/10/2013 07:53 AM, Piotr Szubiakowski wrote:
>> Hi,
>> gluster is good in scenario when we have many hosts with own storage and we
>> aggregate these pieces it into one shared storage. In this situation data is
>> transferred via Ethernet ore Infiniband. In our scenario we have centralized
>> storage accedes via Fibre Channel. In this situation it would be more
>> efficient when data would be transferred through FC.
> For FC disk presented to all nodes in the cluster, why use a filesystem?
> use LVM instead,
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Vdsm_Block_Storage_Domains

The way that oVirt manage storage domains accessed via FC is very smart. There is separate logical volume for each virtual disk. But I think that logical volume at the same time could be "touched" only by one host. Is it possible that two host access read/write the same logical volume and there is no data corruption?

Thanks,
Piotr