[Users] f19 guest in oVirt 3.2.2 considerations

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 19:35:21 UTC 2013

Successfully installed f19 x86_64 guest desktop via pxe.
Vm configured in oVirt as other linux

run yum update after install

qemu-kvm process command line on host for this VM contains:

-vga qxl -global qxl-vga.vram_size=671088

On F19 VM xorg qxl driver automatically installed and used and also
spice-vdagent
I had to manually install ovirt-guest-agent from standard fedora repo
--> perhaps it would be nice to have it some sort of automatically
installed in oVirt guest... how?

I put guest in full screen, aka in my setup 1680x1050
Able to use gnome 3 even if quite slow.

As soon as I start firefox and begin to use it I get this in Xorg.0.log

[   789.615] - 3th attempt
[   789.615] - OOM at 640 360 32 (= 921600 bytes)
[   789.615] Cache contents:  null null null null null null null null
null null null null null null null null null null null null null null
null null null null null null null null null null null null null null
null null null null null null null null null null null null null null
null null null null null null null  956 1008 null null  974 1017 1020
   total: 5
[   789.627] - 4th attempt
[   789.627] - OOM at 640 360 32 (= 921600 bytes)
[   789.627] Cache contents:  null null null null null null null null
null null null null null null null null null null null null null null
null null null null null null null null null null null null null null
null null null null null null null null null null null null null null
null null null null null null null  956 1008 null null  974 1017 1020
   total: 5
[   789.639] Out of video memory: Could not allocate 924160 bytes

Is there any way to customize spice video memory?

thanks,
Gianluca