[Users] NIC problem with ovirt node

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Fri Jul 12 20:27:38 UTC 2013

On 12/07/2013 1:27 PM, Mike Burns wrote:

>>> Host Tab -> Network Interfaces -> click on Setup Host Networks
>>>
>>> On the popup, hover over the logical network (not the nic) and a
>>> little pencil or pen (or some other graphic) that is used for
>>> editing.  Click on that and you'll get another popup where you can
>>> choose static/dhcp and set gateway, ip and netmask.
>>>
>> Thank you *so* much!  I did not see the little pencil!!!
>
> Happy to help (and yes it was hard to see...)

Actually, Mike -- two of my networks were private and didn't need a
gateway... but two are public, and need a gateway!  Unfortunately, the
interface seems to be missing that option!?  It lets you configure an
IP, and a subnet mask, but where's the option for specifying a gateway
if you're specifying static addresses... (my guess is that it picks up
the gateway if you're using DHCP).

Jason.