[Users] Unable to view console via SPICE method on EL6.

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Sat Jul 13 03:52:02 UTC 2013

I'm running with theEL6 release of ovirt-engine:

ovirt-engine.noarch 3.2.2-1.1.el6                  @ovirt-stable

After creating a virtual machine, I cannot view the console if protocol
is set to "SPICE".  If the protocol is set to VNC, I can view the
console, but it's not very convenient since I have to load a separate
VNC viewer, and enter the IP and port of the engine, and a randomly
generated password each time. How does one make console work via SPICE?
Is this a known issue because RHEL6 wouldn't have all the updated
libraries of later a later Fedora release?

Jason.