[Users] Unable to view console via SPICE method on EL6.

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Sat Jul 13 13:27:10 UTC 2013

Quoting Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com>:

> On 07/13/2013 06:52 AM, Jason Keltz wrote:
>> I'm running with theEL6 release of ovirt-engine:
>>
>> ovirt-engine.noarch 3.2.2-1.1.el6                  @ovirt-stable
>>
>> After creating a virtual machine, I cannot view the console if protocol
>> is set to "SPICE".  If the protocol is set to VNC, I can view the
>> console, but it's not very convenient since I have to load a separate
>> VNC viewer, and enter the IP and port of the engine, and a randomly
>> generated password each time. How does one make console work via SPICE?
>> Is this a known issue because RHEL6 wouldn't have all the updated
>> libraries of later a later Fedora release?
>>
> which client are you using?

Actually, I realize the problem now... my client was a Windows client.
  The server is EL6, the VM is EL6.  I'll try with a Linux client
later.  I'm sure it will work.  It's not clear whether SPICE will also
require entering a randomly generated password.  The problem is the
randomly generated password.  There's probably a way to fix that as
well... I just need to look more.  oVirt is terrific, but finding all
the information from a variety of sources and putting it all together
can be tricky .. but I like a challenge! :)

Jason.