[Users] host remains in status unassigned

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 14 15:35:06 UTC 2013

Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> oVirt 3.2.1 on F18
> One mgmt server + one host.
>
> At some point the host had some problem and was rebooted
> at reboot ther was a problem because I got
>
> detected unhandled Python exception in '/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm'
>
> watching at
> http://www.ovirt.org/Troubleshooting
>
> I verified that for some reason vdsmd.log was root.root.
> So I set correct permissions and restarted the node.

OK, I have had this too and managed to get out of it uptil now, maybe my
experience will help you, may you have already tried what I'm going to
suggest.
Put the host in maintenance, login with ssh on the host and restart the
vdsmd service, activate the host.

I think I amended vdsms logrotate.conf with a user statement so that it
wouldn't make root owner of vdsmd.log. There is a race condition that
has been fixed I think in 3.2.2 and onwards.

Hope this helps you,

Joop