[Users] host remains in status unassigned

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 17:12:21 UTC 2013

Il giorno 14/lug/2013 17:35, "Joop" <jvdwege at xs4all.nl> ha scritto:

> Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> oVirt 3.2.1 on F18
>> One mgmt server + one host.
>>
>> At some point the host had some problem and was rebooted
>> at reboot ther was a problem because I got
>>
>> detected unhandled Python exception in '/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm'
>>
>> watching at
>> http://www.ovirt.org/Troubleshooting
>>
>> I verified that for some reason vdsmd.log was root.root.
>> So I set correct permissions and restarted the node.
>>

> OK, I have had this too and managed to get out of it uptil now, maybe my
experience will help you, may you have already tried what I'm going to
suggest.
> Put the host in maintenance, login with ssh on the host and restart the
vdsmd service, activate the host.

> I think I amended vdsms logrotate.conf with a user statement so that it
wouldn't make root owner of vdsmd.log. There is a race condition that has
been fixed I think in 3.2.2 and onwards.

> Hope this helps you,
>
> Joop

I'm going to check but it seems to me that I could only select "host has
rebooted" that failed because "unassigned" is not a good starting point to
set it.
Not sure I could put in maintenance. ..
Gianluca