[Users] VLANs and oVirt 3.1

Martin Goldstone m.j.goldstone at keele.ac.uk
Tue Jul 23 21:28:00 UTC 2013

On 23 Jul 2013 21:34, "Jason Keltz" <jas at cse.yorku.ca> wrote:

> In my test setup for oVirt 3.1, I have 3 switches -- two basic ones with
no VLAN support for mgmt, and storage, and a building switch with VLAN
support.  The network operations team has configured a trunk with 2 dual 1
Gb links on the building switch.  If I configure the two network interfaces
in oVirt  with binding mode 4, and assign a logical network to the link
without specifying a VLAN, it works fine.  I'm told the default untagged
VLAN is 494 (which is what I want).  On the other hand, if I simply
hard-code VLAN 494 in the logical network setup, it doesn't work - I get no
network traffic. I'm told that the switch is setup correctly, and the
problem is on my side.  How can I debug?

> Thanks,
>
> Jason.

That sounds normal to me. Traffic coming in on the native untagged VLAN
wouldn't appear on the VLAN interface. I have a similar set up, and I've
assigned an unused VLAN as the native VLAN on the trunk, added the VLANs I
care about to the allowed VLANs list, and created the appropriate tagged
logical networks.

Hope this helps,

Martin