[Users] VLANs and oVirt 3.1

Jason Keltz jason.keltz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 20:30:13 UTC 2013

I'm experimenting with VLANs in my oVirt test setup with 3.1.

My ovirtmgmt, and storage network are each on a basic switch with no VLANs.
On the other hand, my public network has several VLANs available to me.
The network operations team created a trunk for me with 2 x 1 GbT ports,
aggregated with LACP, and passed it on with all VLANs.
In oVirt, if I bind the two network interfaces, and, and assign one IP
to the bind (mode 4) without specifying a VLAN, everything works fine
(untagged VLANS are assigned ID 494 which is what I want).
On the other hand, if I specify VLAN 494 in the logical network setup
(or any of the other VLANs), it fails.  I don't see any traffic.
Network operations says that all VLANs are passed on the trunk.

How can I debug?

Jason.