[Users] Problem Creating "oVirt Engine"

Richie@HIP richiepiovanetti at healthcareinfopartners.com
Tue Jul 30 15:42:51 UTC 2013

Let me star by Saying, I;m using Fedora 18 Desktop; whack I've removed most of the unnecessary stuff (games, libreOffice, mail server, and other "utilities") to strip it down.  Then I run YUM to "-update" whatever is left in Fedora 18 Desktop.

When setting up the oVirt Engine, if I accept the recommendations, the "engine-setup" process hangs "try to restart the HTTPd"; gives and [ERROR} and aborts the rest of the process.  I've included terminal dumps and logs (i.e. "as attachments") in prior email everyone you to see…!!!  If I DO NOT accept the recommendations related to the HTTPd, then the setup process RUNS AS EXPECTED and gives me port 8700 for the main page, and 8701 for all oVirtEngine "portals".  I've looked at the engine-etup log and if aborts when the python script is trying to restart HHTPd. Look at the following:
2013_07_25_10_55_PM_TerminalOutput - Terminal output dump IF I ACCEPT the defaults
engine-setup_2013_07_25_22_35_14 - engine-setup "log" IF I ACCEPT the defaults
2013_07_25_11_30_PM_TerminalOutput - Terminal output dump if I DO NOT accept the defaults
engine-setup_2013_07_25_23_27_15 - engine-setup "log" if I DO NOT accept the defaults

I've never reached a point where I've been asked to "accept of reject a "Certificate"; I've just been able to open the "oVirt Engine Welcome Screen" (through port 8700 - ex. at http://ovirt.localhost.local:8700")

I've had my concerns as to the following:
What about removing all HTTP (apache, tomcat, etc.) fro fedora, hence stripping fedora even more, prior to running "engine-setup".
There must be an error trapping failure to restart HTTPd in "engine-setup" that needs to be attended.
…

Please see attachments

Best

José E ("Richie") Piovanetti, MD, MS