[Users] iSCSI and snapshots

Maor Lipchuk mlipchuk at redhat.com
Sun Jun 2 11:27:56 UTC 2013

Hi Juan,
Snapshot saves the VM at a particular state in time using qcow (Creates
a new volume and only write the changes from that particular time).
Export domain also saves the VM data but it using copy process of the
volumes, there for, snapshot is more faster process but dependent on the
VM disks.

In a nutshell the difference between the both are, that snapshot is more
related to the VM scope and can be executed while the VM is running
(From Ovirt 3.1)
Export domain is a different domain, there for, can be moved through
setups and DC's.

The info of disks and ram should be displayed in the right pannel for
the VM snapshots, although, for now, marking the active snapshot will
not present this info.
Was that the case you encountered?

Regards,
Maor