[Users] How to make host ovirt on hetzner server

Андрей Дядюра andrey at ad-soft.ru
Sun Jun 2 02:33:14 UTC 2013

Hello guys

About 7 days, I'm trying to make a host on Hetzner server.

vdsm installation is successful and the host server is rebooted
automaticaly. but then I lose the host, and I can access it either through
vKVM or reinstall the system via a control system of hetzner.

I have two main questions
1. Should I have second external IP address for the host (to set it in the
interface ovirtngnt)
2. Which setting (routed(brouted) or bridged) is correct for the host ovirt
configuration in the documentation
http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Netzkonfiguration_CentOS/en

my basic settings and tests:

ifconfig:
http://screenshot.su/show.php?img=c87b66737536c8f6cad47e684ce7d7aa.jpg

route -n:
http://screenshot.su/show.php?img=e0d5d2750b99f670a07b2d82b1295aaf.jpg

ping default gateway:
http://screenshot.su/show.php?img=ef1b0037179f3d4da6b25bbf16652a10.jpg

It seems to me that the problem is related to a MAC address (specific
Hetzner)

On other servers when I used VMWare server optional external IP is never
required. But when I used the ESXi it will not work without additional
external IP address with a separate MAC address where you configure the
router-vm (about this: http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/VMware_ESXi/en )

Thank you for any help.

Regards, Andrey