[Users] deduplication

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Tue Jun 4 07:38:18 UTC 2013

mån 2013-06-03 klockan 18:26 +0100 skrev suporte at logicworks.pt:
If we have a hardware RAID controller will we need RAID-Z ?

Find a way of turning that fancy RAID controller into just a "bumb" HBA and send all of disks as JBOD to the OS. ZFS is designed for that purpose. If you can´t do that, buy a cheap SAS controller instead, alternatively make RAID0 volumes for each disk connected to the RAID controller, but I´ve had issues with disks dying that needs the machine to reboot for it to realize that you´ve replaced the disk. Especially HP servers are the one´s controllers that´s been like that.

/Karli

Jose