[Users] Problem Creating "oVirt Engine" - Stuck on FQDN

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 5 14:15:05 UTC 2013

Richie at HIP wrote:
> I agree.  The "oVirt Node" part will not be a VM since as you said, it
> would be a VM within a VM - my mistake in expressing what i'm preparing.
>
> Regarding the "single machine" (Engine and Node) "live iso" that you
> mention.  Where can I find it…?
Single machine is part of ovirt-engine. Do yum install
ovirt-engine-setup-allinone ( this is from memory) and then do
engine-setup --help. In the latest versions there is either a parameter
or it will figure it out itself.
Live iso is downloadable from
http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/3.2/tools/ I just dd it to a usb
stick large enough. Then you can boot from it. It will revert back to a
clean slate after each reboot!

Joop