[Users] Same VLAN id, for different physical networks.

Alfred Angelov alfred at space2u.com
Mon Jun 10 19:21:01 UTC 2013

Hey,

I might not have been clear on the description, let me try to be more
clear:

I got three physically different networks:
- access network (gives internet access and has routes etc)
- backup network (is an internal network without routing)
- storage network (is used for ovirtmngt and connection to a storage
sollution)

Both networks have separate switches and and cables, etc; but for
simplicity’s
sake I use same VLAN IDs on both of them for those VPSses/Servers that have
a VLAN.

In ovirt I have different NICs for those two networks; it looks
something like this:
- NIC1 - access network untagged
- NIC2 - access network VLANs (this actually a bonded interface of two
NICs so it provides
redundancy - this works fine)
- NIC3 - backup network untagged
- NIC4 - backup network VLANs (this is not bonded, as it does not need
redundancy)
- NIC5/6 - storage network (which is also a bonded interface that is
also the ovirtmngmt network)

I run the same network setup on all the hosts (currently 4).

As said NIC2 and NIC4 are used for VLANS, so when I wanted to add VLAN 4
for the access and
backup network I have gotten the error:

> Error: The specified VLAN ID (4) is already in use.

I hope this makes things more clear?

Mvh
Alfred Angelov