[Users] networking

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 13:11:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:54:34AM +0100, suporte at logicworks.pt wrote:
> I'll make some more tests, but can I change a VM network interface without shut it down first?

I'm not sure what you mean by your question. I had a theory, that you
have rewired a vNIC of a live VM to a new network, but did not follow it
with a manual reconfiguration within the guest.

> The idea is, the VM is in DHCP, i want to change it from network
> 192.168.5.0 (ovirtmgmt) to network 192.168.10.0 (DMZ), will I first
> create a network interface on DMZ and than delete the ovirtmgmt net
> interface?

I think that it should be enough to log into the console of that VM
after the re-wiring, and issue a `service network restart`.

Dan.