[Users] user can not create a snapshot

Andrej Bagon andrej.bagon at arnes.si
Wed Jun 12 13:53:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

we are using Centos6.4 withoVirt Engine Version: 3.2.2-1.1.el6. We
created a VM in admin portal, installed centos6 minimal and created a
template. The template has a thin provisioned disk. The disk is shared
to everyone.
Then as a user in the frontend portal (user has quota, and vmcreator
permisions on datacenter) we create a server with this template - in the
resources tab we have to check thin for template provisioning (on clone
we get a permission denied), and the user quota is selected ok for the
user. When the VM is created, we check in the admin backend, we see that
the disk quota is not right, but is the quota from the template. If we
change the disk quota to the user, he can then make clones, his quota is
reported right and everything works as expected.

Andrej