[Users] CentOS 6 and multiple ISCSI interfaces/multipath

Martin Goldstone m.j.goldstone at keele.ac.uk
Thu Jun 13 22:41:06 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've recently started looking at oVirt to provide the next iteration of our
virtualization infrastructure, as we have recently acquired some ISCSI
storage. Up to now, we've been using KVM managed by libvirt/virt-manager
locally on each of our hosts, using direct attached storage, which was
obviously less than ideal.

In setting it all up, I've hit a bit of a snag. We've got 4 GbE network
interfaces on our pilot host (running vdsm on CentOS 6.4) which are
connected to our storage arrays (equallogic). I've created 4 interfaces
with iscsiadm for these and bound them, but when setting up the discs in
oVirt, I've not seen a way of telling it which interfaces to use. The node
makes the connection to the target successfully, but it seems its only
connecting via the "default" iscsi interface, and not making a connection
via each interface that I've defined. Obviously this means I can't use
multipath, and being only GbE interfaces it means I'm not getting the
performance I should.

I've done some searching via Google, but I've not really found any thing
that helps. Perhaps I've missed something, but can anyone give me any
pointers for getting this to work across multiple interfaces?

Thanks?

Martin