[Users] oVirt Updates - May 23rd 2013

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sun Jun 23 20:05:54 UTC 2013

This is just a collection of things happening on the lists/web/etc.
(feel free to send me items you think should appear in future updates)

1. Events

- recap of oVirt/gluster Shanghai workshop by Theron Conrey
   http://www.gluster.org/2013/06/event-recap-ovirt-shanghai-workshop/

- upcoming: FISL 2014
   we'll have a booth and sessions on oVirt Community Update, Spacewalk
   + oVirt (Thanks to all organizing)
   http://fisl.org.br/14/papers_ng/public/fast_grid?event_id=3

- upcoming - oVirt Developer days (with KVM Forum)
   Edinburgh, UK - October 21 - 23, 2013

2. Development

- a slew of features going in gerrit towards 3.3

- libgovirt 0.1.0 (G Object C library for oVirt REST API) by Christophe
   Fergeau
   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.ovirt.user/9144

- Gerrit was upgraded to 2.5.4
   http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/arch/2013-June/001493.html

- Vojtech post the *ver* cool crash course for UI plugins (or, "How to
   protect your Data Center from Alien Invasion")
   http://www.ovirt.org/Tutorial/UIPlugins/CrashCourse

- new UI plugin by Daniel Erez that allows invocation of VDSM commands
   directly from the WebAdmin
   http://derezvir.blogspot.co.il/

3. Other

- new video channel for china (Thanks to Doron Fediuck)
   http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-June/014660.html
   http://i.youku.com/theovirt

- PXE boot UI plugin (by Lee Yarwood)
   http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/15498/

4. Related[1]

- Symantec blog on plans for Veritas Cluster Server support for RHEV

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/symantec-s-veritas-cluster-server-and-red-hat-enterprise-virtualization-32

- Jon Benedict blogged some more on Netapp's UI plugin integration
   http://captainkvm.com/2013/06/virtual-storage-console-for-rhev/

- build your home 10GE gluster/virt lab at bargain prices (by  Patrick
   Rutledge)

http://www.wormwood.org/wormwood/2013/06/08/10-gbps-ethernet-on-the-cheap/
   http://www.wormwood.org/wormwood/2013/06/08/pics-of-my-lab/

Thanks,
    Itamar

[1] while these were published for RHEV, should be applicable to oVirt
as well, hence assuming of interest.