[Users] Fedora upgrading from 3.1 to 3.2

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Tue Jun 25 10:31:27 UTC 2013

mån 2013-06-24 klockan 12:35 +0003 skrev Alex Lourie:

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Karli Sjöberg <Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se<mailto:Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se>>
wrote:
> mån 2013-06-24 klockan 10:54 +0003 skrev Alex Lourie:
>> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Karli Sjöberg
>> <Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se<mailto:Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se>>
>> wrote:
>> > sön 2013-06-23 klockan 09:38 +0003 skrev Alex Lourie: Hi Karli

>> you
>> we
>> >>

>> > Hi Alex!
>> >
>> > Awesome job, I´m going to test this right away and let you know
>> how
>> > it goes. Wish me luck;)
>> >

>> Good luck! May the force be with you.
>>

> No no, the source Alex, the source:)
>
> /K

Sure, that one too.

Well, it wasn´t with me for long, I have hit BZ 911939 and 901786, where fedup fails to find my LVM volumes. In the dracut shell (to where it gets dropped), I have good output from blkid and lvm pvs|vgs|lvs but no nodes created in /dev/mapper and so the system cannot boot and upgrade fails. Do you have any suggestions there that might help? In the mean time, I´ll try upgrading using http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum instead, see if that gives better success.

--

Med Vänliga Hälsningar
Karli Sjöberg