[Users] webadmin login issues with AD

Keith Mitchell kamitch at cisco.com
Sun Mar 3 11:48:27 UTC 2013

On 3/3/13 1:45 AM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:

> [...]
At the moment there is just one AD account in the permissions and that
is my AD account.  At first I added "Domain Users" to the permissions,
but I took that out and just stuck in my user account to see if that
helped.  In ovirt, my account is part of the System (i.e. top-level) and
is give then SuperUser privilege, just like the local admin account.

My account is just a user account (no admin rights in the AD domain).  I
am a member of quite a few groups on the AD domain but I wouldn't think
ovirt would care about that or need to query each group I am a member of.

Ultimately I was hoping to add the domain users group into the
permissions to let anyone in the domain have access :)

I used wireshark to sniff for the LDAP packets instead of just the
kerberos packets and during the "hang" it is sending constant ldap
packets back and forth.

Looks like its doing bind request, then it succeeds and then there is a
SASL-GSSAPI exchange followed by a connection close (i.e. FIN packet)
and then it starts all over again.  Everything is encrypted so its
difficult to see anything in the packets.

On this particular sniff, the packets went back and forth for 10 minutes
and then they stopped and when I looked it had logged me into the GUI.
I don't usually wait that long.  I have on occasion just left the window
up and sometimes it would eventually log me in and sometimes it never
logged me in... in the never cases the login window just stays there
spinning until I reload the web page... perhaps something timed out and
it gave up before the exchange finished.

Are there any debugs I can turn on in ovirt to have it spit out what its
doing?