[Users] webadmin login issues with AD

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Sun Mar 3 11:57:02 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Please elaborate on "quite a few groups" - actually this is a well known issue.
I was afraid you might have permissions on "too many objects" or that the account is a member of too many groups.
However, being a member of too many groups should have caused the search to be slow/hang as well.

> Ultimately I was hoping to add the domain users group into the
> permissions to let anyone in the domain have access :)
>
> I used wireshark to sniff for the LDAP packets instead of just the
> kerberos packets and during the "hang" it is sending constant ldap
> packets back and forth.
>
> Looks like its doing bind request, then it succeeds and then there is
> SASL-GSSAPI exchange followed by a connection close (i.e. FIN packet)
> and then it starts all over again.  Everything is encrypted so its
> difficult to see anything in the packets.
>
> On this particular sniff, the packets went back and forth for 10
> minutes
> and then they stopped and when I looked it had logged me into the
> GUI.
> I don't usually wait that long.  I have on occasion just left the
> window
> up and sometimes it would eventually log me in and sometimes it never
> logged me in... in the never cases the login window just stays there
> spinning until I reload the web page... perhaps something timed out
> and
> it gave up before the exchange finished.
>
> Are there any debugs I can turn on in ovirt to have it spit out what
> its
> doing?

Hi, you can look at the following link -

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/jndi/tutorial/ldap/security/sasl.html

we support changing sasl_qop. You can use engine-config to do that.
engine-config -s sasl_qop=auth will change Quality of Propetction to be only at authentication.
Please let us know if using that you will be able to see the ldap queries (i.e - have them plain and not encrypted)

Thanks,
Yair